Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mini "Drugstore Haul"

So last night I went to Walmart with my parents. Now, I know Walmart is not the swankiest of places, but there are a lot of really good products that are super affordable there. As a struggling student, that sounds good to me. Lol I got some new make up and new hair products that I'm super excited about so I thought I'd make a post about them all. :)


Milani Color Statement in 01 Sweet Nectar

Maybelline Color Whisper in Orange Attitude 40

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 109



Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector
Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Deep Coral



Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Sun Kissed

                                        
Neutrogena Deep Moisture Day Cream 

St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub

got2b Rockin' It Dry Shampoo

Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray

L'Oreal Power Moisture Hydrating Conditioner

Tresemme Tres Two Ultra Fine Mist Hair Spray

Organix Moroccan Sea Salt Spray
  • Milani Color Statement in 01 Sweet Nectar - So this is a really bright orange color and it goes on really well, but I think it's a little too orange for me. I didn't think it would come out so opaque. It's pretty good quality and it smells nice, but the color just is a little too much for me, but I would consider buying a different color because the quality of the lipstick is pretty good for the price.
  • Maybelline Color Whisper in Orange Attitude 40 - I really love this color, it's a little bit sheer on my lips because my lips are kind of dark, but it definitely adds just the right touch of color. It's a bit greasy for my liking, but overall a good lip product that I can definitely see myself reaching for often. :)
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 109 - This is by far my favorite lipstick of the three! It's amazing quality and sooo affordable! It's a pale orange color and the pigmentation is so good and it's more of a matte finish, but it's not drying which I love. Plus it smells good. :) I will definitely be buying more from this line!
  • Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Deep Coral - So this looked like a gorgeous dark, coral color in the packaging, but when I put in on my cheeks, it wasn't very pigmented at all. After applying it 2 or 3 more times, it did show up a pretty pink, natural flushed color, I was just a bit disappointed that it wasn't as pigmented as I'd hoped. Maybe it's because I have slightly tanned skin, but honestly if it's a good quality blush, it shouldn't matter that much. Hopefully it'll grow on me.
  • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Sun Kissed - This nail polish is a bright orange (I know, clearly Zoe's love for orange is growing on me lol) and it goes on quite opaque and beautifully. We'll see how long it lasts without chipping. 
  • L'Oreal Power Moisture Hydrating Conditioner - My hair's been a bit dry these days so I bought this in hopes it would help and I used this last night and just from that one use, I can already tell a difference! I'm looking forward to using this until it runs out as it seems to work quite well. :)
I re-purchased my Maybelline BB Cream and St. Ives Apricot Scrub because I love both of them so much and I ran out of them a few days ago and the other products, I have yet to try. I'm very excited to try them out though, especially the sea salt spray. :) If I end up developing a strong love for any of the above items that I haven't talked about yet, I will definitely write a little bit about whichever ones they are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment