Saturday, January 18, 2014

Skincare | 2014 Blogger Challenge

Hello, hello! So Topic 2 of the 2014 Blogger Challenge is here! Now the topic is about winter skincare, but I'm not going to sit here and lie to you and say that I have an amazing skincare routine for the winter season. Lol To be honest, my skin has been quite a nightmare since mid-December; I usually have moderately good skin, but I started having pretty bad breakouts around my chin, forehead, and cheeks (basically everywhere!) since I got home from Las Vegas! I mainly blamed the climate change from Orange County to Vegas to Orange County, but they would not go away! Plus, my dry patches have gotten dryer. Anyway, this post is going to be the products I've been using the past week that are helping my skin immensely and the products that I'd like to purchase to aide in the fight against bad skin! ;P


1. Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask - I've had this product for quite a long time, but never found it that great. I would use it as a mask every now and then, but other than that its been very unloved on my shower rack. However, due to the severe breakouts I've had, I started using this four times a week and I felt it did help to calm down the blemishes quite a bit. I'm glad I've held onto it! The only downside, for me, is that it is quite drying (I'm assuming because of the benzoyl peroxide) which isn't helping my dry patches.


2. Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser - I've talked about this cleanser before so I'll just say a bit about it. It's a very gentle cleanser that is really good daily, night and day; ticks all the boxes for me. :)


St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub - Love this scrub; does what it says to a T basically, simple as. :)


3. Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme - During the fall season, I was using my Botanics Hydrating Day Cream and Botanics Hydrating Night Cream, but the past month it just has not been cutting it unfortunately. It'd probably be great in the spring, but I've had to to back to my trusty Eucerin moisturizer. It's a much thicker cream and it soothes my dry skin really, really well.

4. Tazorac - This product is actually a prescription cream product that I used to use back when I was about 14, but as my skin cleared up the past eight years, I haven't had to use it. Well I renewed my prescription and it's still just as good as it always was! I've only used this for the past three days and my blemishes are completely starting to clear up! This product is not for everyone, so please consult with your dermatologist before thinking about getting it. :)

Now, onto the products that I'd like to get in the very near future. ;) I like the products I've been using but I would really like to step up my skincare regime. 


1. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - I'm sure you've all heard about this cleanser as countless beauty gurus love it (including the amazing Zoe Sugg!). I trust the opinions of the beauty community and really, really look forward to trying this out. :)

2. Boots Expert Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream - My allergies have been severely acting up lately and my eyes have been so itchy! Don't scold me, but I always rub them! :( So now I'm left with red, dry, puffy eyes and am in need of an eye cream. I found this at my local Target a while back and debated getting it, but now I think I'll actually go purchase it. If any of you beautiful people have suggestions for a really good eye cream, leave it in the comments. :)

3. Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins - I grew up knowing that Origins is an amazing brand for skincare because I would always take a look through my sister's products and she had plenty of Origins products on her counter and shelves and the time has come for me to finally purchase my own! Lol The price put me off for a long time, but I've come to accept that you get what you pay for with skincare (with the exception of a few products, of course). This moisturizer contains moisture-rich replenishers and it is said to best for combination to dry skin. Sounds good to me!

So there you have it, folks! My second post of the 2014 Blogger Challenge! If you have any suggestions for skin products for me, please feel free to leave them in the comments! Ta for now! Xx

2 comments:

  1. i love the look of the St. Ives apricot scrub, i'm going to have to purchase it as i've heard many good things about it :)

    Lucy x | Make Up Your Mind

    ReplyDelete