Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Inspiration | 2014 Blogger Challenge

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

2013 was a rocky year, but it's also the year that I decided to really change where my life was heading. I got clean in July after two years of an addiction to a certain substance and have stayed clean for about 6 months, I finished my first semester of college successfully, I've strengthened my relationships with my family and best friends and it's all because I took the risk of trying to turn my life around and I did it. :) I want 2014 to be another year of change and going after my dreams and being with the people I love. 

To me, this quote will be my reminder that in order to go anywhere in my life or make any changes, I have to be brave enough to try. It's very similar to Zoe Sugg's "Just say yes" which is something I reminded myself of a lot throughout the second half of 2013. I plan to go after my dreams and aspirations with guns blazing this year and I know 2014 will be a success, one way or another. I've already started taking chances this year and it's only the 3rd. :) Yesterday, I decided to try and get in touch with someone who I haven't talked to in months and months because of something that happened between him and one of my best friends. They were like brothers and I was so taken aback by his actions that I just stopped talking to him and I've missed him quite a lot ever since, so yesterday I got in touch with him and we ended up meeting up with each other last night and we've completely reconciled. I've spent months thinking about him because he was one of my best friends before as well and if I hadn't decided to take the chance on him again, I wouldn't have him in my life going into this year. I know he and my best friend still have their issues (which I'm hoping will soon come to an end), but that is after all, just between them and it doesn't really involve me at all. It feels good to know that he's back in my life. Good start to the new year, honestly. :)

I really do encourage anyone that reads this to go after what you want. It's scary taking risks out of fear of rejection or failure or embarrassment or whatever it is, but you won't even come close to what you want if you don't try. I promise you, it's so much more fulfilling to know that you at least tried going for what you wanted. Take chances, be brave, be ambitious, persevere, and live with no regrets because everything is a learning experience and never regret anything because at some point, it was exactly what you wanted. 

I hope all of you beautiful people have an amazing 2014 and I'm looking forward to everything that the future holds for all of us! Xx

8 comments:

  1. So excited for the changes you made in your life! It takes a strong person to turn things around for themselves. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you on your blog! I followed you on Google+ and Bloglovin'! I'll link my first post below if you want to check it out and follow mine as well! :)

    http://beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com/2014/01/2014-blogger-challenge-inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I really appreciate hearing that! :) I'll read your post as well!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on staying clean! I reconnected with a good friend so and it's one of the best feelings in the world. It's important to keep friends and family close. I'm working on building a stronger relationship with my friends for this year.

    Great advice and good luck to you in the new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It really is awesome reconnecting with someone. That's great to hear, good luck to you as well!

      I'll be checking out your blog tonight. :)

      Delete
  3. It is scary to take a risk, to open yourself up to rejection, failure and embarrassment, but without risks we're not living, and the hurt from the rejection and failure fades, and the embarrassment becomes something you eventually laugh at.

    I applaud you for taking the risk and am glad that your friend is back in your life. It sounds like you're already making the most of 2014. Have an excellent year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you. Thank you for the kind words, I'm very happy to have him back. :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, you are a very strong person, I hope 2014 brings you more joy and happiness. You've made me think about some friends I've lost touch with for really stupid reasons looking at it in retrospective. Maybe it is time I reach out to them and win them back. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate that. :) I wish you the same things in this new year! I'm glad I could kind of inspire you to reach out, it feels good to take the chance, trust me.

      Delete