Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Highlights #1

The Highlights is basically a look back at my week and this is the first of one to come every Sunday evening; I hope you enjoy! First off, I was reunited with an old coworker of mine, Nala (amazing name, I know). She picked me up mid-afternoon and we headed to one of the most beautiful malls in our area where we made the usual stops: Sephora, Nordstrom, Topshop, and even a cheeky look into Saint Laurent. She and I stopped for dinner and not much talking was done as we were so hungry, but afterwards we talked about so many things from boys to tattoos. Absolutely love that girl!



The week days were pretty standard for me, I attended a few support groups, watched Criminal Minds with my mom, and hung out with my dog, Toby. I found it quite hard finding any motivation to do anything this past week; there were a lot of "I don't want to leave my room or even my bed, for that matter," kind of days. I'm not necessarily feeling down or anything, but I think I just know that I have so much to work on with myself, that I get scared into this mode of not doing anything because I'm afraid to make any move one way or another. Does that make any sense? Anyway, here's to a better week next week.  :)


 



Yesterday was a great way to end the week! One of my best friends drove up from San Diego to see off a friend of ours who's going into the Navy Seals and she was able to make some time for little old me first. So sweet! Caitlyn, her boyfriend, and I met up with some of our other best friends and headed to our old stomping ground AKA a town center in the city where we all used to live to get some nom nom. They dined on fish burritos and pizza, but I stuck with my Starbucks Passion Tea. We had a great time catching up and reminiscing and causing a bit of havoc here and there among the somewhat stuck up older folk who looked down their noses at us and then went our separate ways. A good time, I'd say. ;)





At the end of each The Highlights post, I'd like to set some goals for the next week. If you've got any goals for the next week, always feel free to leave them in the comments.

GOALS:

  • Eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner every day.
  • Cut back on smoking cigarettes.
  • Ice my ankle EVERY DAY! (Dang thing is still sprained.)
  • Attend 4-5 support groups.
  • Continue practicing my driving.
  • Meditate once a day.
I'm hoping I can look back at this little list every day next week and keep to them. Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I'll speak to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment