Thursday, February 11, 2016

My Morning Skincare Routine

Aloha! I thought now would be a good time to write about my current skincare routine because my skin is better than it's been in a very long time. It's nowhere near perfect, I still get a few spots here and there, but still my skin hasn't been this smooth and clear in years. To start us off, I'll tell you a bit about my skin type. I have combination skin, meaning I'm oily in some areas, but very dry in others. I typically get quite a few hormonal spots, but I've mainly been battling my acne scarring for the past few years. So now you have a bit of insight into how my face likes to function.



Some of these products I've been using for over a year, but the newest additions to my skincare routine are what I believe have made a difference! I start off by dragging myself out of bed and into the bathroom where I start with my Philosophy Purity One Step Cleanser. I splash some water onto my face and then rub a dime size to a quarter size amount of the cleanser onto my skin for a minute and then rinse off. I pat my skin dry and then I take one of the Nip + Fab Glycolic Acid Pads and run it gently all over my face. The glycolic acid gently exfoliates the skin by removing dead skin cells along with any impurities that the cleanser may have missed. This is one of the new awesome items that I was referring to earlier. For months I had a problem with little bumps all over my forehead and a bit on my cheeks and my esthetician suggested a chemical exfoliant. The Nip + Fab pads completely got rid of the bumps after a week of daily use and they're amazing because they don't break the bank.




I sort of flap my hands at my face to dry off what's left from the pad without removing the magical stuff and then I move on to my serum which may surprise some of you. Every other day, I use the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum by taking about a pump and massaging it into the skin and a bit down my neck. The label clearly says night repair (and in next week's post you'll see I do, indeed, use it at night as well), but ViviannaDoesMakeup mentioned how she uses it in the morning as well as night, so I figured if she can, I can! I've found that this serum has helped immensely with my acne scarring. I wish I had a before picture to compare to an after picture to show all of you, but you'll just have to trust me. 😋 I finish off my routine with my all time favorite daytime moisturizer, Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer. It's moisturizing enough to hydrate my dry areas, but combats the oil in my t-zone at the same time. It also goes under makeup very well and I'm just absolutely in love with the stuff. This is probably my third bottle of it!



Let me know if you've tried any of these products and how they work for and also feel free to leave any recommendations you have in the comment section below! All the best! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment