Friday, February 19, 2016

My Nighttime Skincare Routine

My nighttime skincare routine is very similar to my morning routine, with a the addition of a few more products; a makeup remover, a physical exfoliator, a mask, and a thicker moisturizer.


I start my nighttime regime with the Vichy Purete Thermale, which is a waterless cleanser. I use this strictly as a makeup remover and the way this product works is it comes out as a milk. I apply it to dry skin and it dissolves my makeup, including waterproof mascara, and I then wipe it away with a muslin cloth. It's very similar to a micellar water, but I find it's slightly more nourishing and less stripping than most micellar waters that I've tried. It's so easy to use and after a night out it'll suffice on its own without a second cleanse. 


Next, I use the Philosophy Purity One Step Facial Cleanser as my second cleanse and I typically do a second cleanse after the Purete Thermale because I like to a do a thorough cleanse with a product that I know keeps my acne at bay. After the second cleanse, I move on to my physical exfoliant, the Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub, which I use two to three times a week. Physical exfoliants are a bit controversial, but I love, love, love this scrub because it's gentle, but effective. The physical bits are crushed seeds, from what I can remember, so it's far more natural than other scrubs.


I only do this next step, again, two to three times a week. This Clarisonic Detoxifying Mask is incredible! It's honestly one of the best masks I've ever used! It really does pull out all the dirt and gunk from your pores over the next day or two following one use. It's seriously so good, give it a try if you're looking for an awesome mud mask. I also found that it doesn't dry out my skin at all. Last step is the Mario Badescu Seaweed Moisturizer. Now this product is nothing special to me, if I'm honest. I started using it in the winter because my skin tends to get a bit more dry and this helped to keep the dryness away. I enjoy it, but it's not necessarily a stand out product for me.


Overall, I'm very happy with my skincare routine at the moment and I don't see myself changing anything any time soon. If you enjoy these sort of "beauty and cosmetics" posts, please do let me know! Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment