Thursday, February 25, 2016

On The Bandwagon|Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm|Primer

There's been a ton of buzz in the YouTube beauty community about the Nivea Men Post Shave balm being used as a primer. I first heard about this from Kathleen Lights and Jaclyn Hill and Jaclyn says the reason it works so well as a primer is because of the high amount of glycerin in it. Now most people have been using either the regular or the sensitive, but I got the sensitive, cooling post shave balm because it was the only one I could really get my hands on.


The product applies a bit like a standard moisturizer and it does have a nice, subtle cooling effect, but as you massage it in, it becomes somewhat tacky. Once it's tacky, that's when you know you're good to apply your base. I used the Rimmel Lasting Foundation 24 Hour Foundation and I did find that it blended a lot more easily than when I hadn't used the product. Speaking of blendability, any powder product I used (bronzer, blush, highlight) blended into my skin so well! There was no patchiness and it was just a very smooth application.

Before
I wore the primer for about six hours one day for two days and both times, I did find that my makeup lasted much better. On the first day, I noticed that my blush and highlighter, usually the first thing to disappear, were still very much in tact! The second day is where the photos below are form. On this day, I didn't wear too much face makeup other than foundation because my main focus was the eyes and lips. Considering I had taken a nap and gone to the gym with the makeup on with the primer underneath, I'd say it held up incredibly well! Normally after a nap or gym session, my hyper pigmentation will be clearly visible, but with the Nivea post shave balm, that wasn't the case at all as you can see in the after photo. Overall, I'd say this product works as a great primer that makes your makeup last that little bit longer and makes things look a whole lot smoother and blended together. I'd also quickly like to add that this product made it so that I could not feel any makeup when I touched my face, it just felt like my skin! Normally, I can always tell when I have foundation on when I touch my face, but this made it so that I couldn't feel anything. So awesome and for the price of around six bucks? You can't go wrong!

After
I do hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you've tried any of the Nivea Men pots shave balms or if you want to! I hope you're all having a wonderful week! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment