Sunday, June 1, 2014

Collection of Memories | 2014 Blogger Challenge

Howdy! I don't know why I just said that...lol! Topic 11 of the 2014 Blogger Challenge is a collection of something and the only thing I could think of (besides makeup and CDs and the like) was my collection of memories. Below is this little box that I fill with different sentimental items. I have a much larger box too that's filled with memories from age 15-18, but I thought I'd share just a bit of my memories with you through my smaller box, otherwise you'd be stuck reading here forever! :P I hope you enjoy!

This is the box that a makeup bag came in that was a gift from one of my friends from high school and the print on the box is the same as the actual bag and I just thought it was so cute that I kept it. :)

So here we've got a metro receipt from LA when I met Joey Graceffa, and iPhone case that was given to me, another case covered in stickers from an old crush, a TSSF ticket and a ticket to the 1D movie that I saw with Dalton. :)
So the contents of the box consist of everything from letters, random trinkets, there's my old friend's fake ID for some reason (lol), to lighters; just a bunch of different stuff that in some way has meaning to me. Haha
This is a little Louie Tomlinson from One Direction statue thing that my friend gave me randomly! Lol
As some of you may know, I am a recovering addict and when I graduated the program that I was in, I got this marble. It seems super lame, but whenever someone graduates the program, everyone sits in a circle and we all pass the marble around and each say something about the person and when the marble comes back to person leaving, they say whatever they want to (ie. "Thank you for all the support," etc.). It's a lovely little send off and it's a cute little reminder of my being clean. :)
The Story So Far ticket from last year! I went with Dalton and Heather and they're such an amazing band and even better live! I can honestly say it was one of the best shows I've been to and I've been to many! :)
Throwback! This is a set of photo booth photos from 7th or 8th grade and these were two of my best friends! We don't really keep in touch anymore unfortunately, but I still cherish the memories we had and still love them! <3
I made this star in 5th grade I believe in a pottery class and I gave it to my sister for my Christmas that year and somehow throughout the years its made it's way back into my possession. Haha
This last item from the box I'll be sharing with you is this lighter. It may seem super random to you, but when I was using, lighters were always getting lost and swapped and the stickers were my way of saying "This is mine!". Lol This little guy and I went through quite a lot together before I got clean so I thought I'd keep it when it died. Can you tell I'm extremely sentimental? :P
And that is everything! Obviously there's more in the box, not to mention the other box I mentioned earlier, but I think this post might a get a bit boring for you all if I were to describe why everything in the box is in the box. Lol I hope you enjoyed this post and leave a comment down below if you did! (Or even if you didn't, if you must :P) Talk to you all soon! Xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this was a nice post <3 I have some memory boxes too (like uh, three) but I didn't think about them for this post at all! I think it's really sweet that you shared them with us and can remember the story to each one. I hope you continue making even more memories in the future ^.^

    Check out my post about the same topic: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/5-singers-that-should-be-famous.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I love sharing little bits and bobs about my life with you guys! :) Will do!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I used to keep memory boxes too and this has inspired me to start them again

    Check out my post on the same topic
    Glittersnlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Yay, they're fun to keep and look back on :)

      Delete