Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Chicken Divan | 2014 Blogger Challenge

Chicken Divan is something my mom started making a few years back on special occasions and though she hasn't made it in a long while, I opted for making it a month or so ago and my love was rekindled! It's a cheesy, creamy broccoli and chicken casserole of sorts. I could literally never have anything else...well I suppose that's not entirely true, but you get my point: it's ah-mazing!

Courtesy of Pinterest.

You're going to need (for approximately 4 servings) :

1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
About two broccoli crowns or 1 package of frozen broccoli
3 chicken breasts, cubed or shredded
1/2 cup of mayo
1tsp. of lemon juice
1/2 cup or more of shredded cheese
1/4 cup or more of bread crumbs soaked in melted butter

Preheat your oven for 375 degrees fahrenheit. Arrange the chicken and broccoli in an oven safe containter (glass or metal works fine). Mix the soup, mayo and lemon juice and pour evenly over the chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle the cheese and bread crumbs over the casserole and drizzle melted butter over the top of that. Bake for about 30 minutes and you should be good to go!

Now this isn't the healthiest dish, that's for sure, but it is absolutely delicious! I highly recommend giving it a go if it so tickles your fancy! Lots of love! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment