Sunday, September 7, 2014

New Bedroom Beginnings | 2014 Blogger Challenge

Hello lovelies! Sorry this post is a bit late, but here it is! I decided to do my "new beginnings" post on the make-over of my room. Now, you'll see in the before and after pictures that my room isn't entirely new or decorative, it's just slightly more organized and I've got a few new little items from my sister (I got a ton of gorgeous hand-me-downs, which I will be showing in this week's YT video!). I'm the type of person who, if my environment is chaotic, the rest of my life is; I cannot get any actual work done in my room if it's dirty and also, I just wanted to organize my shelves and what not a bit more. I hope you enjoy this post! :)

Before
After
Here's the overview of the room, as you can tell, it's basically the same, but I  really like the way it looks now!

Before
Yes, that is Marcus Butler on my TV connected from my laptop. :P
After
And then, Zoe Sugg, this time around.
So here is my dresser that sits at the front of my room. One of the new things my sister gave me is her old TV which we just plopped down onto the dresser and I wanted it to look a little less messy. I decided to clear off my dresser and move the TV over and put the DVD play (where as you can see, I've also placed my laptop on top of) and used a very large silver tray type thing which was also hers to put all my little bits and bobs on.

Before
Before
Before
After




This isn't the final of what the tray will look like because I plan on doing something a little later with these jars, but for now I've just put them with the rest of my candles.


The top jewelry box is from my sister and basically all of the jewelry in there is from her as well! :) The bottom box is mine and I just keep my sentimental pieces in there.

Before


After

My bedside table looked like a tornado hit it, so I sorted that out.

Before
After
This is the top of my bookshelf, which again at first just had stuff thrown onto it because of getting the new stuff from my sister, so I re-organized and got rid of the clutter.

Before
After
I think I'm most excited about my bookshelf because it's just sooo much more organized now and I can look at it and it actually looks like a bookshelf, instead of a junk shelf. :)

After
I have the same bed frame and bed sheets I've had before, but the two large pillows against the headboard, the two fuzzy pillows, and the body pillow are from my sister, as is the mattress and I'm loving this new set up! (Also, that purse is from her as well :))

So that is my little room makeover! I actually still want to do a lot more to my room, but for now, I'm content with the feng shui and my aura is happy. :P I hope you're all well and enjoying school, if you're in it! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment