Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Perfect Pair | 2014 Blogger Challenge

Hello lovelies! I do apologize for this past Sunday's post or lack there of, I should say. Things have calmed down a bit since then and I'm on the straight and narrow again...trying to be anyway, trying very hard. Enough rambling, for Topic 15, we were to come up with the perfect pair which could be anything. I found it quite difficult until it hit me! My MAC Mineral Moisture SPF 15 Foundation and my Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer are a match made in heaven!



If any of you have seen my May monthly favorites on my YouTube channel, then you'll already know a bit about these products. When I first used this MAC foundation, I found it to be far too dewy (nearing sweaty territory) for my liking, however I carried on because I was not going to let this be a waste. Seeing as I love Rimmel's foundations, I thought I'd give their primer ago and it seriously made the biggest difference my  foundation finish and lasting power! The foundation paired with the primer creates a perfectly natural and slightly dewy finish and lasts relatively well throughout the whole day!

The foundation is a slightly runny consistency and is light to medium coverage. I use the shade NC35. I've almost used up all of this foundation and I'll admit, though I'm sad to see it go, I'm quite excited to try something new. This was a good foundation, but I wasn't in love with it, especially on it's own. 

The primer is perfection! No pun intended. It's a creamy consistency colored a light orange but blends out colorless. It makes my makeup last longer, it feels nice and smooth on the skin, it doesn't break me out or make me overly dry or greasy, it's just absolutely amazing. I have nothing bad to say about this product and I'd quite like to try the "Pro" version that Rimmel also offers. :)

That's all for now! Be mindful and happy, my lovelies! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment