Saturday, October 10, 2015

#WorldMentalHealthDay

Hello everyone! Today is World Mental Health Day and I was actually unaware of this until I saw Zoe Sugg's tweet and it got me thinking I'd like to talk about mental health today. I was going to film a quick video, but as I'd like to use this space a bit more, I thought a blog post would be perfect!

I've talked about mental health related topics quite often within my life so I'll make this as quick as possible. LOL I think mental health issues are growing more and more common among people and it's easy to forget that everyone is fighting their own battle. Recently, I've had to remind myself frequently that every person's motivations and intentions can be greatly affected by their mental health. That being said, let's be kind and patient with each other. :)

Something else I'm realizing over the past week is that it's extremely easy to let people around us rule our emotions, but we shouldn't give them that kind of power. We are the ruler of our own minds and emotions and we have to be strong enough to tell ourselves, "They're going to do what they want because it's their life and I've got to do what's best for me." By that I mean, if their's someone in your life who you feel is draining you mentally or physically, it's ok to take a step back and say you need space or a break. Be gentle with yourself and love yourself enough to accept that someone might be toxic and you've got to let them go. 

Lastly, I just want to add some tips to deal with anxiety or stress that I'm finding are very helpful recently. I'd also like to add that I am fully aware there are many more forms of mental illness besides anxiety and depression, these are just what I can personally speak on. :) First of all, MUSIC. I cannot stress enough how incredibly therapeutic music can be, whether that's indie, rock, hip hop, EDM, any kind of music that you love can do a great deal of good to your beautiful mind. For me, hip hop and dance-y music can make me feel like a bad ass and super confident and rock/pop/indie just melodically and lyrically soothe my soul. I also find spending time with my loved ones who are good influences in my life really helps. Even just a five minute chat can lift your mood immensely. Last but not least, going for a walk and getting fresh air can clear your mind of any negativity and help you to put things into perspective. 

These are all tips that I myself am trying to implement into my life daily as well and I'm hoping some of these will help someone out there too. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if anyone reading this needs someone to talk to, I'm always here to listen. I truly hope you're all well! All the love. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment